network config with two network cards as route to gateway

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:33:11AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > MAC address of my pcmcia ethernet card to /etc/dhcpd.conf and assigned
> > it a static address there, so my dhcp server at home always gives my
> > laptop that same address. This completely eliminates the hassle.
>
> I found that this was not always true with my laptop and the BEFSW11.
> Every once in a while it would give be .101 or .102.

ISC's dhcpd allows the administrator to assign static IPs based on MAC
address.  Under such circumstances, if your dhcpd is assigning
something other than the IP address you so specify, then either your
configuration has some kind of problem, or something is very, very
wrong.  I've used this for years and never had a problem with a
mis-assigned IP address (except when an engineer swapped out a NIC and
didn't tell anyone)...

-=-=-=-=-