Petition To Get OS/2 Open Source

On Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/,
http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=2&id=1114351645),
there is a discussion on encouraging the Linux community to participate.
The author states "I would highly encourage the Linux community to take part
of this open source petition as well due to the fact there are lots of
interesting code base the they could benefit from".

I'm not sure I agree entirely with his reasoning on this. IBM has
contributed a lot of relevant packages. The JFS that was contributed to
Linux was the OS/2 version. But, I would be in favor of open sourcing OS/2
from the standpoint as it would be beneficial to the community.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)