local access rights to *nix boxes

Matthew Valites writes:

> Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what access restrictions (if any)
> you're given on your linux or unix desktops at work.

I write software for a living.  I am not a sysadmin but I end up doing
a bit of that as well.  At all of the companies I've ever worked at
(Fortune 500, startups) I've always had root access for the machines
on my desk and in the labs I work in.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit