Could comcast be blocking port 6667 outbound?

Hi all,

I was working from home today, and, at about noon time, my irc connection
went away, and trying to open a tcp connection to port 6667 on any machine
I've tried no longer works, even though it does when I try it from a shell
elsewhere.  I also tried connecting my laptop directly to the cable modem
(our computers are normally behind a Linksys RT41P2 that handles the
VoIP).  So I know that either comcast is blocking it or my router is
mysteriously acting up, but I don't know which.  I'd call Comcast except
that I get a recording saying that they are receiving higher than normal
call volume and to call back another time unless it is urgent.  Has anyone
run into something like this before?

THanks,

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --