ubuntu and Linux refresh rate?

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:56 -0400, Matthew Gillen wrote:
> I don't know about ubuntu, but Fedora4 (using Gnome 2.10) has a program
> called gnome-display-properties that lets you adjust both resolution and
> refresh rate.

Right, but it relies on the X11.conf or xorg.conf file to have all
available values within it.  This, of course, relies on the hardware
detection of the installer trying to figure out a) what video card you
have, b) what monitor you have, and c) what combinations are valid for
both.  If it can't figure out (for instance) what kind of monitor you
have, it has to err on the side of caution so as to prevent any possible
hardware damage...

--
Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com>
http://www.code-energy.com