USB Disk Speed

Kent Borg wrote:

>>Look at the difference between lsmod on Knoppix and Ubuntu. Does
>>Ubuntu load ehci_hcd and Knoppix not do so? If so, then Knoppix
>>needs a modprobe ehci_hcd and a replugging of the USB drive.
>
> Looks like Knoppix isn't uber everything.  Anyone have a favorite live
> CD that does have ehci_hcd?

Why not Ubuntu Live?

Seriously, it does share most of the merits of Ubuntu: good hardware
detection, coherent set of applications that cover most of the important
things that people do with computers, pretty brown theme ;) On the other
hand, it doesn't have a strong rescue-system orientation, so if that's
what you want a live CD for, it may not be the one you want.

If you have a DVD drive, SUSE Live is also nice. They don't have a CD
version, though; it's DVD-only.