802.11g signal strength

Jerry Feldman wrote:

>  [...] I had given Frank a couple of solutions: 1. Get a longer
>  cat-5 cable, and move the Linksys closer to the door. He needs an
>  additional cat-5 cable for his new computer. That should help.

Just remember that you'll need to get POWER to the new location too.
That may or may not be a big deal.

>  2. If that does not help, I did look at the antennas and sent him a
>  couple of URLs.

Also, if there's a specific area that needs coverage, a directional
(panel) antenna can "point" the signal if desired, although the areas
behind it may lose out. It's a good solution if the Linksys is going in
a corner of the desired coverage area.

>  BTW: He is strictly a Windows guy. (Actually he is is currently using
>  a Mac, but is getting a Windows machine to be more compatible with
>  his wife's system.

Convert him! :)

- Bob