Reliable network printing

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 20:56 -0500, Christoph wrote:

> So I got myself a NetGear USB Print Server.  I hooked it up, setup a LPD
> print queue and it works ... mostly.  Sometimes the printer gets into a
> odd state requiring a power cycle.

The problem I identified early with my HP 1012 laserjet which has
intermittent problems [crash ("Unsuppported Personality: PCL" problem)]
appears to be documented at http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html
and speaks of a fixed driver/workaround.  So I may not be totally out of
luck.

If this fixes my problems I may be good with the laser.

I will likely go get a Epson R320 for color ($129 after $50 MIR).

chrsitoph