gnu/linux on AMD: 64-bit or 32-bit?

We are deploying x64 (amd64) Red Hat Enterprise 4 on HP Proliant
servers without a problem. The only things I've noticed is that
Apple's multicast-DNS interface for Java was not 64-bit ready, but I
submitted a patch to them for that. In addition, the doesn't seem to
be a 64bit Mozilla plugin for java, Sun recommends you use the 32bit
JRE and plugin. I'm not sure what the deal with that is, but we don't
need the plugin on our servers.

Other than that, not complaints. I don't have any info on performance
differences unfortunately.