useful script, file renamer in python

Rajiv Aaron Manglani wrote:
> check out http://detox.sourceforge.net/
>
> "Detox is a utility designed to clean up filenames. It replaces
> difficult to work with characters, such as spaces, with standard
> equivalents. It will also clean up filenames with UTF-8 or Latin-1 (or
> CP-1252) characters in them."

Looks good!  If it works nicely, I will try to get a package into
Debian/Ubuntu!

> you can also create your own translation tables for it to use.

Great.  Off hand, do you know if it supports only keeping the final '.'
character before the extension by default?  Ie, will it do this?

a.very.annoying.file.name.mp3 -> a_very_annoying_file_name.mp3

I will play with it soon, and we will see :-)
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.