Recommended high-speed Internet providers (was about Galaxy)

On 6/1/07, Eric C <eric-yrHdaQSNc4gdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> i'm currently using speakeasy because people on this
> list have said good things about them.
Me too.
{snip}

> - figuring out how to get my $99 rebate for the modem
> was a pain.  the way it's set up on the speakeasy
> website is convoluted but i did get the money back
> after 2 months.

The web site wasn't hard to me; I didn't everything right, but the
fulfillment house denied my rebate.  I called and complained to
Speakeasy and complained about the denial notice.  The rep did me
right, kind-of.  "Opps, that wasn't supposed to happen.  Your rebate
was approved, and you should get a check soon."  I did.  I also have
no doubt I'd have no check if I hadn't called.  That seems a little
improper, if you ask me.  Just cut the prices up front, or take the
money off the bill after 90 days or whatever, but the rebate nonsense
is BS.
{snip}
> i like the service, no complaints other than i wish it
> was cheaper.  i haven't tried their phone service.

There was one outage where things at the dslam were so broken, the
tech couldn't check into it to look at my line.  He put in a ticket
with the provider (Covad).  He said they'd be taking care of it no
matter what, since all their other customers had to be down.  He said
we ought to know more in four hours or less.  They fixed it in the
early morning hours, and then 9 hours later entered a NTF (No trouble
found) for my ticket,  If they had waited 9 hours to *look* at my
ticket while I was still down, I'd have been a little bent out of
shape.

> - eric c.

MEG

believed to be clean.