dynamic IP/remote access

On 7/5/07, Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey. This is eerie because I just came off speakeasy.net because I'm
> thinking
> about switching from comcast to speakeasy (See: Shredding History BLU
> thread)
>
> I use dyndns.org for shardz.homelinux.net , which is my OpenBSD server
> (installfest ;D),
> and it's been great. Oddly enough in 2 years of comcast "service" my IP only
> changed
> once, when I got a new modem. Comcast service has been 'comcastic' as well
> here,
> but dyndns has never been a problem. I ssh from almost anywhere (PuTTY) into
> ' shardz.homelinux.net:10022' (you can use 22 as well, not blocked) and just
> forward the
> port into my server, and from there I can ssh into individual machines very
> easily. In short,
> dyndns works great for everything. I recommend it highly.
>
> How was your service with Speakeasy compared to Comcast, by the way?

Thanks for the info about dyndns.  I haven't noticed yet if my IP has
changed; it's only been a month or so.  I had Speakeasy for about 5
years at my previous place.  I had the One-Link service (no home
phone).  It was great.  It is pricey compared to offerings from
Verizon or Comcast in terms of bandwidth.  I was paying $60 per month
for a 1.5/384 line.  Downtime was practically non-exsistent.  I can't
remember a time I was with out internet with them.  With Comcast, I
noticed my download speed will go from over 1200KB/sec to 300KB/sec.
Overall Speakeasy is great.  Very good technical support.  I wish I
could use them right now.  I'm moving again in 8 months, so hopefully
I can go back to them,

believed to be clean.