Best way to install a custom kernel on multiple nodes

Hi,

I have a custom kernel (2.6.21) with some nfs stuff modified. I know how to
build and install the kernel on a single machine. However, I was trying to
find the best way to install it on multiple nodes. One of the obvious ways
is to make rpm packages and use them ( The nodes i'm trying to install the
kernel run Redhat enterprise edition 5).

I was trying to make rpms for the kernel packages using instructions on this
link "http://grid-it.cnaf.infn.it/index.php?rpmbuild&type=1";. However, that
didn't go so well cuz it required a config_smp to be present, which i did
not have on the RHEL 5 i was working on.

Also, once the build is done, Is it possible to migrate the modules and the
bzImage's on to other machines without building it on each node
individually?

Any pointers on how to build an rpm out of a custom kernel?

Thanks,

-Vinay

believed to be clean.