Ubuntu/NIS

 I've been using Fedora since FC2 and have tried seeral other distros
Debian, Suse, Mandriva etc without success/enjoyment.  I downloaded,
burnt and installed Ubuntu 7.10 today. Nice!

I have set up NFS and NIS from my server (still running Fedora). It took
a lot of tie and swearing but it's almost done. I can log in and access
my home directory but I'm having problems with the hosts table and sudo.

If I do 'ypcat hosts' it shows all the domain names form my server's
hosts file, but the client does not use them for domain name resolution.
  Any ideas?

Also, now that I'm using NIS to login, I can no longer sudo. How do I
get around this.

Any help much appreciated.

Tom

believed to be clean.