Re: cygwin/bash script

 On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 05:02:06PM -0400, Stephen Adler wrote:
> I want to write a bash script which runs under cygwin and executable by
> double clicking on the file icon on my desktop. What's the trick?

Right click->edit on the Cygwin.bat file (i.e. the icon you use to start
Cygwin).  It's just a simple CMD batch file that calls bash.exe.  Make a
copy of it and instead of 'bash.exe --login', make it 'bash.exe
scriptname.sh'.

Double click the new batch file, and it should do the right thing.

N.B. I'm trying to recall this all from a fuzzy memory of doing the same
thing about 5 or 6 years ago, so all the details may not be exactly right,
but this is a basic process that will work.  You might have to google up
some error messages or additional tips to get it all working.

Good luck.

-ben

--
the roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                               <aristotle>

believed to be clean.