OPENING - Linux kernel build role (mid to Sr level)

 Our client in northern MA has an opening for a Mid to Sr level Linux
kernel engineer. This is a 12+ mth contract.

Linux Kernel Build Engineer

Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations;

Mid/Senior level software developer responsible for some user mode
device drivers but mostly Linux kernel builds, configurations, and
customizations.

Candidate is expected to have some experience of design and
implementation of Linux device-drivers and or system utilities and have
worked in a fast paced environment

 Specifics:

- 5+ years experience with C, C++ or assembly-language programming for
Linux.

* 2+ years experience designing, developing and implementing Linux
and/or Unix device drivers.

- Willing to do debug and code optimization, boot sequencing, linking,
initial down loader, and performance tuning type work

- The candidate must be adaptable, flexible and willing to take on new
challenges.

- The candidate must be a team player, and must be able to work with
multiple engineering and cross-functional teams.

Additional Desirable Skills

- Working with Broadcom and MIPS based processors/targets

* Experienced with hardware features such as CPU/memory architectures,
DMA engines, Boot loaders, I2C, PCI, Ethernet, USB, IEEE-1394, RS-232,
etc.

Regards,

Optimal Engineering Partners Inc. is now Symphony Services!

John Spencer
Office: 978-256-1113 ext 7608
Fax: 978-256-1184
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Symphony Services
1 Technology Park Drive

Westford , MA 01886
www.symphonysv.com
<blocked::file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\hripley-boyd\Application
%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\www.symphonysv.com>

This electronic transmission (and any attached documents) contains
information from Symphony Services and is for the sole use of the
individual or entity it is addressed to. If you receive this message in
error, please notify me and destroy the attached message (and all
attached documents) immediately.

believed to be clean.