Needed to boot windows to copy audio CD

A friend sent a CD that was a recording of the music at a party where a
number of people played.  I was planning on making several copies to
give to the performers.  As far as any of the machines I play CD's on
have told me, it seems like a perfectly normal audio CD.

I wasn't able -- using sound-juicer, brasero, or serpentine -- to fit
the contents of the original CD onto my blank CD's.

When I booted windows on the Lenovo laptop and stuck in the CD I wanted
to copy, it came up with a menu of choices including "make a copy", and
when I picked that one, it seemed to have  no trouble making copies for
as long as I felt like feeding blank disks into the machine.

So what are the Linux apps doing or failing to do that the Windows ones
aren't?  And can I make them stop or start doing it?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

If you find you are serving the same thing too often to the same
people, then invite someone else instead. It is much easier to change
your friends than your recipes.

Peg Bracken