Zaphod mode dual-head on intel an graphics card in Fedora 10?

Quoting Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org>:

> From
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/tree/README
>
> Known Limitations
> 	- No support for "zaphod mode" dualhead. This is the
> mode in which two Device sections are placed in the config file, and
> doesn't support DRI or many other features. Instead, only "MergedFB-style"
> dualhead is supported.

Yeah I saw that somewhere.  I'm a little disappointed that they dropped
this feature.   A couple years ago it seemed to me that they would
be working on the new feature, but unfortunately...   :-(

> I think you'll need to go back to the i810 driver, which may be
> difficult. (Or not; if X.org still supports it, then it won't be
> hard.)

Good question...   It LOOKS like they don't support it anymore.
There is a 1.7.4 version of xf86-video-i810 but it's dated Jan 9, 2007.
It does not look like it's still supported, and as far as I can tell
it wont easily rebuild against the F10 X Server.  :(

For one thing it would need to get ported over to the libpciaccess.

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available