Anyone using Ubuntu 9.04?

I usually install the new ubuntu on my laptop (which is mostly for web
browsing) when it goes beta and on my desktop after the official release
when I'm comfortable with what's happening on the laptop.

This time that process was quite smooth.  I blogged about some of the
glitches I hit at <http://laymusic.org/wordpress/?p=826>.

The bottom line is that package management is harder than people think,
and Linux audio is still mysterious after all these years, but it was
really a pretty smooth upgrade.

The best news is that firefox seems to leak memory slower than it used
to.  Other good news is that they fixed the -# option to lpr.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home
run.

Babe Ruth