Monitors Won't Sleep in TwinView Mode (Ubuntu Jaunty / gnome-power-manager)

BassKozz wrote:
> I've had this issue since Hardy (8.04), and each upgrade (intrepid and now
> jaunty) I've been crossing my fingers and hoping for a fix but it has not
> come :(

> from "Separate X-Sessions" to "TwinView" the monitors won't go into sleep
> mode.
> My video card is: nVIDIA GeForce 8600GT and I am using the restricted
> drivers v180.44
> Both monitors are hooked up to that videocard, however one of them is run
> thru a KVM (because I use one of my monitors to work on multiple computers).
> Also should be noted I am using 64bit version of Ubuntu Desktop, of which I
> just upgraded to Jaunty.

The KVM is probably interrupting X's auto-detection of the DPMS
capability of the monitor.  You can try adding
  Option "DPMS" "True"
in both the device and monitor sections of your xorg.conf, or running:
 xset +dpms
after you log in.

HTH,
Matt