Quicken for Linux?

On 05/08/2009 08:41 AM, markt9 wrote:
> Quicken was the one program that kept my wife from switching to Linux o=
> her desktop.  11 years of running a program makes it hard for people to=

> switch.
>
> I didn't have luck installing Quicken on Wine.  Maybe an older version
> of Quicken might work though.
>
> I installed VirtualBox from the Sun website (the open version does not
> have usb support) and loaded XP on it for her to run Quicken.
>  =20
First of all, VirtualBox 2.2 (and 2.1 and 2.0) DOES have USB support.=20
The one thing I have not yet been able to do is sync my blackberry, but=20
it does see the blackberry and all the files.

Years ago, Quicken was one of the few legacy apps that I used. At the=20
time I dual booted Windows and Linux. At the time (8 years ago maybe) ,=20
I tried to install GNU Cash but was not able to. I then started to use=20
Moneydance. Today, GNU Cash should run on nearly every distro, and you=20
should be able to move your quicken data top either GNU Cash or=20
Moneydance. Moneydance is not open source, but I have found that the=20
developer, Sean Reilly, is very responsive when there is a  problem. At=20
one point, an upgrade really screwed up my checkbook. I believe the=20
problem was fixed in about 1 day (it was a corrupt file).

Quicken 2008 does work under Crossover Office (which is a commercial=20
version of WINE).
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=3D3493

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix