OT: contact-management hell (iPhone how-to)

On Jul 6, 2009, at 7:45 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> (Windows). But, for the most part, I have been happy with my
> devices. I
> did not buy a Linux based PDA because of the lack of sync. I don't
> know
> what my next device will be, but possibly a Palm-Pre, iPhone, or
> Blackberry. I like being able to access the Internet from my
> Blackberry
> as well as the built-in GPS. These were the major reasons I switched
> from Palm.

Oh, yeah.  Linux-based PDAs have been a Great Big Lose in the sync
department. The Zaurus was abysmal, and the Maemo tablets not much
better (but I'll cut Nokia some slack: the mini-tablets aren't sold as
PDAs).

I won't look at Pre for the same reason I won't look at iPhone:
carrier lock-in.  I do have an iPod Touch, which replaced my broken
Palm Z22 and it works well enough for that.  My mobile is an unlocked
Motorola K1 (you can buy them direct from Motorola that way) with a
pre-paid SIM.  Works for me.

--Rich P.