Stupid sysadmin question

When I provision laptops for my coworkers, I include both PuTTY
and Mocha X11.

    http://www.mochasoft.org/freeware/x11.htm

Mocha X11 runs in the system tray on XP, and provides a rootless
X11 server, so X clients act like regular Win32 windows. PuTTY
is an ssh client, and if you enable its X11 settings, it finds and uses
the Mocha X11 server transparently.

I haven't checked if it supports fancy features like XDMCP, so maybe
there are features that Exceed provides that Mocha and PuTTY don't.

But I'd suggest trying Mocha first, before fighting to make Exceed use
ssh. Last time I tried to get Excheed working with ssh, it was a major
pain in the posterior. Although that was almost 10 years ago...