Discuss Digest, Vol 27, Issue 32

Hello Chris,

It really depends on your desired career path.  What are your goals?  I would recommend either LPIC or CompTIA Linux + because they are vendor neutral.  The CompTIA cert is now a life time cert unlike the LPIC which requires recertification every 5 years.  Hopefully LPI will reconsider that its an expiring certification just as CompTIA recently did.  Personally if they don't I'm not re-certifying.

http://www.lpi.org/
http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/linux.aspx
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/01/comptia-backs-down-past-certs-remain-valid-for-life.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

Best of luck,