[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Ubuntu and safe web surfing?
- Subject: Ubuntu and safe web surfing?
- From: srehrlich-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org (Scott Ehrlich)
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:45:03 -0400
- In-reply-to: <4BCB59B0.1070102-zY4eFNvK5D9If6P1QZMOBw@public.gmane.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <4BCB59B0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Bill Horne <ehorne-zY4eFNvK5D9If6P1QZMOBw at public.gmane.org> wrote: > On 4/18/2010 2:48 PM, Scott Ehrlich wrote: >> My sister's PC was gifted to her with pre-installed Windows XP. ? ?She >> thinks it has become infected, and she has very limited funding, so I >> said either buy a copy of Windows XP or Win 7, though I'm not >> convinced the system can take Win 7 and Win XP is being phased out. >> > > The PC might be equipped with a recovery partition which can be used to > roll-back the machine to its delivery date. > Hi Bill: Not a bad idea, but unless I'm proven otherwise, I just don't trust _any_ Windows system, from the first sector to the last, once it has been infected. I'd want it to be reformatted no matter what.