Debian dual boot with Windows 7

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 21:14 -0400, Richard Chonak wrote:

> On 05/05/2010 08:42 PM, James Kramer wrote:
> > On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Jerry Feldman<gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
> >> I would burn a copy of a live CD. Live CDs don't give you all the
> >> support you get with a fully installed distro. Ubuntu 10.04 or Knoppix
> >> should tell you what is supported. Today there is very little that does
> >> not work in a 64-bit environment. GB ethernet has been around a long
> >>
> > Good idea.  I will try both of them to get a feel for the components.
> > I am planning to do things slower than I normally do so I don't screw
> > up too bad.  This is my first 64 bit so I am anticipating a learning
> > curve even though 64 bit has been out for a long time and should be
> > very stable.
>
> Some browser plugins may not be available in 64-bit versions yet, so
> I've continued to run 32-bit Linux.

I've been running 64 bit Ubuntu since middle of last year, and it is
extermely stable. I've had no issue with browser plugins, including
flash and shockwave, developer, firebug, totem, etc etc etc

In fact I've had no 64bit issue at all. The installers (apt)
instinctively know that I am running 64bit, and when necessary, for
dependency issues, they do install 32bit libraries along side the 64bit
ones. (perl-DB-MYSQL is an example of this)

Richard