Finding lost keys

I've had similar thoughts, but I was thinking in terms of tagging thousands
of items, and the cost isn't cheap enough for that. I'd like to tag almost
everything; each book, each DVD, each small device, the remotes for
the TV, stereo, etc.; any item small enough to misplace.

If each tag costs a penny, then tagging 10,000 items would cost $100.
If each tag costs a dollar, the cost becomes prohibitive.