Finding lost keys

John Abreau wrote:
> I've had similar thoughts, but I was thinking in terms of tagging thousands
> of items, and the cost isn't cheap enough for that.

The RFID tags embedded in a glass bead that you inject into a dog cost
about $3. The kind that are paper thin that you incorporate into a book
lining cost about $0.25. The ones retailers buy in volume to tag random
goods are likely in the $0.10 or less range.

Browse around here for examples:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=3539637&k=rfid

(Though most list "call for pricing," some have prices listed.)

Or you could encourage privacy advocates to back off, so Walmart can go
back to their original plan of tagging every product they sold (rather
than just the pallets), and buy all your goods from Walmart so they come
with free tags. :-)

(Walmart claimed they would fry the tags upon checkout, so technically
that wouldn't work.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro