Color Nook

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Kent Borg
>
> I don't have a Kindle and I am badly annoyed by the "rental" aspect of
> DRMed books which is why I don't have one now

What do you mean by that?  You think your books are no longer yours after
some period of time, or something like that?

The only DRM restriction is that you can only have one copy of the book at a
time (just like a real book).  But you can only lend it to somebody else's
account for 2 weeks (unlike real life).  If you download it into your
kindle, and then you want to transfer it into your android kindle reader, or
your wife or daughter wants to read it on another device which is attached
to the same account, then it will be taken out of your kindle in order to
make that happen, and vice-versa.

And of course, if amazon implodes some day, then who knows what happens.

Still, most books are 1/3 or less than the cost of the physical book, and
IMHO, the electronic reading experience is vastly superior.  So these
restrictions are worth while, IMHO, compared to real books.