Kernel source unavailable...

On May 4, 2011, at 9:12 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> Am I missing something?  What I'm seeing here seems to be just the generic
> sources.  AFAIK, it doesn't help me build the tun module, because I haven't
> got the .config file that was used in building the kernel in my phone.  Also

Which is not GPL'd and not under redistribution requirements.  LG has to provide source code to customers.  It is under no obligation to document the tool chain and configuration options used to create binaries.

> ... Who's to say if LG shipped using an unmodified source tree?  It seems
> most documented cases out there involve the mfgr applying at least some
> patches...

A simple Google search would turn up for you some hardware specs for the Optimus M and Optimus C (same phone).  It runs a 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7627 SOC.  Also used in the Palm Pixi, Zio M6000, and Droid Devour among others.  Look that up and you'll be able to find the matching source tree in the Android repositories.

--Rich P.