[Discuss] un-bastardized android

Well, that's a step in the right direction, but if you buy it from the
mobile carrier, there's nothing to prevent them from locking it again before
it's sold to you.  And you still have to go through the often risky process
of rooting it, and avoiding updates.

So although that's a step in the right direction, I would much prefer
something similar to the Nexus One, which is actually clean at the time of
purchase.

Gee, it would be really nice if I didn't feel the NEED to root my phone.

> So my suggestion is to track CyanogenMod, find a phone that they
> support, and go with that.

Thanks for that!  Looks cool ...
Still I don't know why these things have to be so hard.  I see references
all over the place that the nexus S is GSM and also CDMA.  It's available on
Sprint, so there must be at least a CDMA version.  But I don't see anything
saying if it's LTE, nor whether it will work on metropcs.  Uggh.

Althesame.  Difficult or not, cyanogenmod is good to know.  Thanks!