[Discuss] Data including email, stored in the cloud, may be available to law enforcement without search warrant

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Okay, yeah, I just spent 15 minutes on Google looking these up to prove
>> a point.
>
> A practice which is, by now, a rich and storied tradition.  If we ever
> meet, ask me about the most extreme thing I did in order to win an
> internet argument.  You might be surprised.  (Hint: It took longer
> than 15 minutes.)

If I may wax philosophical for a bit, and go off topic, that is why we are
what we are. I think it also says something positive about nerds in
general. (I'm sorry, if you've spent any time arguing on the internet, you
are a nerd. Embrace it!) That we do strive for intellectual integrity in
the things we say. Sure, we have all been spectacularly wrong based on
misinformation or misconception, but, generally, we strive to be right!
And right means true.

Most non-nerds look at this sort of interplay as uncomfortable. Speaking
for myself, and I suspect many others, arguments are an awesome way to
learn. We challenge our opponent just as much as ourselves!