[Discuss] (OT) Barnes & Noble wants DOJ probe into Microsoft patent tactics

(Excuse the complete quoting of Jerry's message. I'm using Gmail for
Blackberry with no quoting control.)

I bought a Nook last year intending to use it only with content I
prepare and control -- mostly free stuff. Anything good out of the
Nook Store would be bonus. I wasn't the least bit surprised or
disappointed when I tried out a subscription to the Christian Science
Monitor weekly from B&N and found every third or fourth issue crashed
my up-to-date reader app on the Nook. When I complained to B&N
customer service they didn't seem to care.

Anyone have a similar Kindle problem ever? If so how did Amazon react
to your inquiry?

I do buy B&N DRMed ebooks occasionally, but that's with the intention
of removing the DRM immediately and using tools like Sigil if
necessary to fix flaws. The average price for books for both platforms
is completely unreasonable considering the DRM and level of quality
control I've seen.