[Discuss] AMD acquires SeaMicro

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Kurt Keville <kkeville at mit.edu> wrote:
> see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401008,00.asp
>
> ... not really sure what to make of this. It looks as if there will be no
> changes to the SeaMicro product line, which was going in a direction counter
> to AMDs if I remember the presentation from the EEHPC Workshop right...

I'm not quite sure what to make of it either, other than a general
extension of AMD's platform strategy. I'm not sure why you thought
SeaMicro was going counter to AMD's direction. SeaMicro decided to use
only chips from the competition, and I think AMD will "fix" that now
:-)

-Shankar (not speaking for AMD)