[Discuss] I think my server is running out of "something"

On 03/18/2012 07:37 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Boot issues:
> I had a similar issue. last summer when I went on a cruise I took my HDs
> out, and when I put them back the system dis not boot. I manually
> reordered them and it booted fine.

It's a Silverstone Olympia OP640  650W, which should be plenty.

It's possible that just the SATA rail is maxed out.  Maybe I should try
putting the drive in an external sata case for power but connect the
sata cable from the motherboard to it as an experiment.

Would anyone be willing to lend me one?  I'll buy one if I have to but I
wouldn't have any use for it past this test.

> BTW: JABR has a full rack at home :-)

Let's keep the conversation clean ;)