[Discuss] tcsh, AD, and RHEL 5.6

I have a RHEL 5.6 workstation configured with samba3x to authenticate
to a Windows 2008 AD environment (net ads join) so the workstation
appears as a Windows box that has joined the domain.

Now, any user can ssh into it with their AD credentials, and
/etc/passwd has no knowledge of their existence.

The problem, I have found, is that if a user wants to change their
shell from the default of BASH, there is NO place I can find to make
that happen.

I have NO control over the domain controller.

% chsh says it can't do anything and defers to ypchsh, but this is NOT
a yp configuration.

The shell the user is interested happens to be /bin/tcsh, and it is on
the system.

The only accounts in /etc/passwd are the default system ones and a
local account I created when RHEL was initially getting installed.

Please educate me as to how the user can change their shell from the
default of BASH.

Thanks.

Scott