[Discuss] Running Android on a PC such as Android X86 Project

I've got an Asus EEE netbook that I was considering installing "Android
X86" on. I went as far as trying to install the latest build in VirtualBox
and I had no trouble whatsoever getting it up and running in that. I gather
from the Android X86 docs that a lot of people do actually run it on things
like the EEE netbooks for day-to-day use.

What's holding me back is Zim Desktop Wiki (a desktop-native personal
wiki/outliner). It requires GTK and there are no plans to make an Android
or web version. With hundreds of pages in Zim, I'm not ready to make my
netbook incompatible with it. :^(

(Disclosure: this wasn't meant to be a plug, but just to be clear, I am the
official Windows package maintainer for Zim.)