[Discuss] Ext4, ugh! Re: Disk recovery utilities - dealing with deleted files

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:41:10 +0000
"Edward Ned Harvey (blu)" <blu at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> Well, ext4 performs so much better.  If the only risk is the lack of
> availability of undelete tools, then I say, the better solution is to
> use ext4 and backups.

IME, ext4 does not perform "so much better" than ext3. Sometimes ext3
is better, sometimes ext4 is better. It depends on the work load.
Really, the only reason to use ext4 in production is if you have a
metadevice that's larger than 32TB and it already has ext3 on it.
Otherwise use XFS. It's as fast or faster than ext4 and it's more
stable.

--
Rich P.