[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

> There are many residential CLEC companies.

"Are you sure about that? I haven't actually looked in the last
decade, but my impression matches what Richard Pieri described -
that they've consolidated and fled the residential market. I'm
sure there is a CLEC that will take over your business copper in
Downtown Boston. I'd be surprised if there is still one that will
take over a single residential line out in the suburbs."

I use DSL Extreme <http://www.dslextreme.com/> for a residential
account and Covad/MegaPath <http://www.covad.com/index.html> for
a business account in the Roxbury/Dorchester area. DSL Extreme
took over the DSL accounts from Newton-based Galaxy Internet
Services, and I would guess that they offer service in quite a
few suburban parts of the Boston metro area.

    - Stephen