[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

 > Anyone else received such a letter? Other than if you're still using
 > DSL, any reason to hold on to copper?

Got the letter.  Am three miles from a Central Office
and that is in another town and across a river.  Don't
want the FIOS service if, for no other reasons, all our
utilities are underground direct burial (no conduit) plus
I understand copper, 66 blocks, punch down tools, and I
know simplicity when I see it, not to mention that I have
multiple tenants in multiple buildings and our alarm systems
run through the same 66 blocks (on copper).  Verizon is
no doubt generating letters with the same machinery that
does their billing...

--dan