[Discuss] Verizon phasing out copper

Randy Cole wrote:
> Without competition or dpu regulation,

FiOS is regulated. It is regulated at the local level just like every
other cable TV service in the US.

> Verizon might increase the price of fios beyond what you wish to pay.

Verizon might, but not while they are in direct competition with
Comcast, Charter, Cox, Time Warner, et.al., and charging less than the
established cable companies for substantially better service and wining
customers over for it.

> They already "encourage" you to get a package (tying)

I don't have a problem with Verizon or Comcast offering TV + Telephone +
IP together at a price point lower than what it would cost to subscribe
to each service separately.

--
Rich P.