[Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 27, Issue 1

Hello Everyone,

Sadly, it is so expansively written because it is to apply to any IT
firms engaged in any IT hardware or software services or implementation.
 This open ended and expansive language can only mean it will be applied
in this way.  At first it was labeled a "cloud tax" now it has morphed
into any everything IT tax.  It is going to make our state less
competitive and end up costing us jobs.  Remember only 3 other states
are as out of touch to apply this short of poorly conceived tax.

I'm not the only one taking this opinion -- in fact every other article
I've found on the subject was equally alarmed and annoyed at this
horrible idea.  Here are just a few of the Google results.

http://www.masslive.com/business-news/index.ssf/2013/05/new_massachusetts_software_tax_plan_does.html
http://www.telegram.com/article/20130729/NEWS/307309973/1116
http://www.networkcomputing.com/next-generation-data-center/news/servers/massachusetts-tax-may-leak-into-the-clou/240151527
http://ward.vandewege.net/blog/2013/07/i-object-to-the-new-massachusetts-tax-on-software-services/
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/07/05/taxpayer-group-moves-rein-software-tax/cqHzSqU0fpVWIAHimXtdJK/story.html
http://www.informationweek.com/government/state-local/massachusetts-computer-services-tax-rile/240158584
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/07/17/tech-sector-powerless-stop-new-software-tax/eEJi5ankQ3zNz2AGr9qeTK/story.html
http://www.necn.com/07/26/13/Uproar-follows-impending-Mass-software-t/landing_business.html?blockID=847691&feedID=11106

Thanks,
Joseph Guarino
A+,CISSP,LPIC,MCSE2000-03,PMP,Healthcare IT+
Toastmasters ACS/CL
Evolutionary IT - Best Practice IT(tm)
Website: www.evolutionaryit.com
Blog: www.evolutionaryit.com/blog
Social Networks: network.evolutionaryit.com
888.404.5074 (Office)
617.953.9514 (Mobile)