[Discuss] Low level clustering software

This is definitely compute cluster stuff, not HA stuff. The only place
where you'd even want a HA system is in the cluster manager.

My go-to for compute clusters these days is HTCondor. It's extremely
flexible both in scalability and what you can actually do with it. It's
easy to create a pool and almost as easy to flock it with other pools.
And it can run just about anything including MPI applications with
little or no changes.

You can do pretty much anything for HA on the cluster manager. If you
have a Xen infrastructure then you could do Xen live migration with DRBD
to handle failover. I have something along this line planned for future
enhancement of my HTCondor pool.

--
Rich P.