[Discuss] Date Change: BLU Desktop GNU/Linux SIG Meeting - Community Outreach Planning - Weds, Feb 5, 2014

DATE CHANGE: Due to the snow forecast, the date of this meetup has been
changed to Wednesday, February 12.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

When: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:30PM

Location: Akamai, 8 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Directions
    http://www.akamai.com/html/about/driving_directions.html
    Also easily accessibly by T.

Notes

        1) Please note the location is different from BLU's
           standard MIT meeting location.

        2) Akamai has generously agreed to provide space
           and 'free as in food' for this meeting.
           Thank you to our sponsor!
           http://www.akamai.com/

Summary

  Do you want to use your free software skills and passion to help
  under-served communities in the Boston area?

  Last month, we brainstormed organizations to work with and how to
  help.  Join us this month as we start converting some of those
  brainstorms into concrete actions.

  Everyone is welcome!  We need help with community outreach, creating
  workshops, organization, video/audio recording/editing, graphics and
  teaching.

Notes

  In March, we'll return to more topic-based meetups.

  Akamai has generously agreed to provide space and 'free as in food'
  for this meeting. Thank you to our sponsor! http://www.akamai.com/

Transportation & Parking

  The Akamai office is a short walk from the Kendall Square T stop and
  other public transportation.

  Metered parking is normally available near our location.

More Events & Announcements

  SoC Deep Dive
  GNU/Linux on Intel Galileo and other
  System-on-a-Chip (SoC) platforms
  Weds Feb 19 at MIT
  http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2014-feb

  Internet Festival of Things Festival
  Sat Feb 22 at MIT
  http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2013-iotfest

  BLU Installfest LI
  Sat Mar 1 at MIT
  http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2013-ifest50

  Linux Soup XIV: CCGroups and Linux Containers (LXC)
  Weds Mar 19 at MIT
  http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2014-mar

  LibrePlanet 2014
  Sat & Sun Mar 22 & 23 at MIT