[Discuss] SysVinit vs. systemd

Someone noted:
> I'm yet to see anyone convincingly defend systemd.

I love a good Linux religious debate, er, war.  It's a great way to celebrate
the 13th anniversary of 9/11: Linux and SysV init are now 13 years older (as
are each of us), we're still fighting the "terrorists" and the jihadis are
falsely citing religion as motivation for their take-no-prisoners
it's-my-highway approach to subjugating whomever they can get control over.

But upon reflection, I'm not quite sure which one is the terrorist, which one
is the defender of liberty, and which one is the neutral bystander:  sysV
init, upstart, or systemd?

To me, it looks like systemd has won this war (admittedly, its advocates have
blown up the others' temples) and it's time to move on to more-important
things. Yet it's been a fun debate!

-rich