[Discuss] Higher-end keyboards to try?

On 1/14/2015 7:22 PM, Jack Coats wrote:
> Das Keyboard has some louder and softer keyboards (both sound and
> force).  Saving my nickles for one :-)

Das recently switched (or is in the process of switching) from buckling
spring switches to Cherry MX switches. I have a newer Das Keyboard at
work with Cherry MX brown switches. A bit clicky but not too loud and
with a slightly lighter touch than the loud clicky types.

Best bang for the buck is Ducky keyboards. Very solid build quality,
Cherry MX switches, good price. I got a Zero Series with Cherry MX red
switches last summer for about $90. Non-tactile, decent for typing but
it's more of a gaming keyboard than the Das I have at work. Highly
recommend Ducky.

If you absolutely must have a buckling spring keyboard like the IBM
Model M then the place to go is Unicomp.

--
Rich P.