[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Docker containers deployed with Tutum
- Subject: [Discuss] Docker containers deployed with Tutum
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Richard Pieri)
- Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:42:23 -0500
- In-reply-to: <54F8F40A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CANaytcdQpyMcy-JMHKmOGAkh169dk3JtYRpc9UuWAGDemail@example.com> <54F8F40A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 3/5/2015 7:25 PM, Tom Metro wrote: > All the cool kids are using Docker containers now. That's one way to > create some vendor independence between your application and your cloud > provider. Perhaps not: https://coreos.com/blog/rocket/ Docker isn't a container any more. It's a platform. Because of the shift to a platform model, Docker is just as much a vendor lock-in as any other platform. Once you've bought into the Docker Platform you can't get out without starting over. -- Rich P.