[Discuss] Thin Provisioned LVM

I was just reading some Oracle docs cause of your discussion.  It?s amazing how much has changed so fast.  I used to work for a company that had about a dozen large Oracle databases on a couple of different *nixes.  I was just a support tech who got to write a bunch of SQL and Bash.  The things Mark is saying sounds just like the things the DBAs would have said.  It sounds like ZFS has changed things.  The speed of development is amazing.

Also, honest folks can disagree and change their minds.  Hell, I used to like MySQL.  ;)

?
Eric Chadbourne
http://Nonprofit-CRM.org/