[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] External network scanning service
- Subject: [Discuss] External network scanning service
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Richard Pieri)
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:38:35 -0400
- In-reply-to: <5515BD73.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAOTD2YREhs=7XX7sHLDGvyQLXYrn_orU0dhd=tOS2G7V2LMzfw@mail.gmail.com> <5515BD73.email@example.com>
On 3/27/2015 4:28 PM, Tom Metro wrote: > So why the lack of SaaS offerings? Is it due to technical reasons or > because of fear of liability? Liability most likely. Given how computer crimes are charged and prosecuted in the US, a complete port scan of a node, from port 1 to port 65K could be 65,534 felony charges each with a possible 1-3 year prison sentence if convicted. I for one would be wary of selling services that could land me enough prison time to factor RSA keys by hand. -- Rich P.