[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] xapo, what do you think?
- Subject: [Discuss] xapo, what do you think?
- From: matt at mattshields.org (Matt Shields)
- Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:55:45 -0400
- In-reply-to: <83BC5776-54DD-4D80-BAB9-6E2A0E36CC5C@icloud.com>
- References: <0FAFD8CE-718C-4659-93F4-7C26AFD492A3@icloud.com> <20150602150246.GF31760@randomstring.org> <83BC5776-54DD-4D80-BAB9-6E2A0E36CC5C@icloud.com>
Check out Circle.com. It was started by Jeremy Allaire (of Allaire/Macromedia fame) and backed by a number of well known VC's Matt On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Eric Chadbourne <eric.chadbourne at icloud.com > wrote: > > > On Jun 2, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Dan Ritter <dsr at randomstring.org> wrote: > > > > On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 09:55:12AM -0400, Eric Chadbourne wrote: > >> Hi All, > >> > >> I stumbled across an interesting looking bitcoin site https://xapo.com/ > >> > >> Right now I?m playing around with Electrum but the extra services > provided by xapo looks compelling. Anybody ever use it or hear anything > about them? > >> > > > > I have come up with a list of the methods that have actually > > been used to make money with Bitcoins. > > > > 1. Join five+ years ago, mine BTC. > > 2. Run a BTC exchange. Charge a high spread. > > 3. Run a BTC exchange. Abscond with the money. > > 4. Invade a BTC exchange and steal from it. > > 5. Steal BTC wallets. > > > > Anything else? > > > > -dsr- > > > Oh I?m not trying to make money, I?m trying to easily transfer. Kind of > use it like PayPal. I wouldn?t use it as a bank, as Rich made a valid > point. > > FWIW, Xapo at the moment, from what I can tell, might be legit. Just > curious if anybody has interacted with them. > > Thanks, > > Eric > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Discuss mailing list > Discuss at blu.org > http://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss >
- Prev by Date: [Discuss] firefox: hello & pocket
- Next by Date: [Discuss] My HP Pavilion's HD bit the dust and it is 13 years old, so instead of replacing the disk again, I would like a new laptop. But I would like to pay <$300. I do not expect the best or the biggest. I have been told that some computers do not l
- Previous by thread: [Discuss] xapo, what do you think?
- Next by thread: [Discuss] PC Build